HOLLOW CORE CAP (NYLON) = Lightweight with grip and speed
SOLID CORE = Constant grip and traction
HI-LO CORE = Large back gives roll with huge lip providing flex where needed
HOLLOW CORE (ALLOY) = Lightweight with a stiff feel
HOLLOW CAP URETHANE = Lightweight with grip emphasis
HOLLOW ALLOY CAP VS. TOTAL ALLOY CORE?
Atom introduced the hollow core and cap technology in 2008. The technology was developed to allow lighter high-performance wheels as well as have the ability to change the way wheels skate by simply changing the materials which the hollow cap is made of. (Atom currently uses three versions - Alloy, Stiff Nylon and Urethane.)
HOLLOW ALLOY CAP TECHNOLOGY
• Dramatic Weight Reduction
• The hybrid of alloy and nylon enhances rebound or as some say... adds life. Just as stiff on the lip where pressure is applied in the turns allowing for max speed.
• Nylon back is as stiff as alloy under 300 lbs, weight is distributed on 4 wheels, therefore never reaching its max capacity.
SOLID ALLOY CORES OF THE PAST
• Cannot change the front/back of the wheels independently.
• On a full alloy hub the urethane has less life - (return on energy.)